Effective Date: January 11, 2016
4. Information Collection Practices.
4.1. Traffic Data. Like most website and mobile application operators, Student Grounds automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Service; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Service (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify You.
4.3. First Party Cookies. Student Grounds uses first-party cookies on the Service, for example the Google Analytics Cookie, for the following purposes: (1) to gather visitor and access information relevant to customizing the Service to your interests; and (2) to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you use the Service.
4.5. Third Party Cookies.
4.5.1. In addition to these purposes, Google, Inc. (“Google”) uses third-party cookies to serve online interest-based advertisements on Student Grounds. As an important example, Google uses a cookie known as “DoubleClick” to enable both Google and Google’s third-party marketing partners to serve advertisements to You based on information gathered during Your use of the Service or Your visit to other websites and services.
4.5.2. Student Grounds may advertise on other Third Party Websites to You after You access the Service. We and third-party marketing partners, including without limitation Google, may use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimize, and serve advertisements to You based on your use of the Service.
4.5.3. Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the “__ga” cookie. Student Grounds Inc. uses Google Analytics on the Student Grounds website.
4.5.4. In addition to reporting website usage statistics, Google Analytics can also be used, together with other advertising cookies (including the cookies described above), to help show more relevant ads on Google properties (like Google Search) and across the web.
4.5.5. Google allows users to customize cookie preferences in Google Ads Settings page. You can also learn more about how to delete or control cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
4.6. Ad Serving. Student Grounds uses third parties for advertising through the Service and analytics of Student Grounds users. These third parties may place Cookies on Your computer or mobile device, use web beacons, and gather IP addresses and log data to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics, content, and advertising.
4.7. Personally Identifiable Information. In order for You to use certain features of the Service, You will be asked to provide Student Grounds certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes the following categories, without limitation: (1) “Contact Data” (such as Your name, phone number, fax number, mailing address and email address); (2) “Financial Data” (such as Your credit/debit card number and expiration date); (3) “Demographic Data” (such as Your gender and zip code); and (4) “Third Party Social Media Account Data” (such as Your account information for third party social media accounts when you access the Service in connection to those accounts). In each case, You will be asked to provide Personal Information; the Service will not gather it surreptitiously. Student Grounds may supplement the Personal Information You provide with additional Personal Information gathered from public sources or from third parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) who may lawfully provide such information to Student Grounds. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that Your refusal to do so may prevent You from using certain features of the Service.
4.8. Information You Make Public. The Service may contain features (e.g., instant messages, electronic messaging, etc.) that permit You to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, or other information, including Your Personal Information. Any information that You choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which Student Grounds is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Your Personal Information by means of such features, and You agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
4.9. Mobile Device Information.
4.9.1. Student Grounds may collect: (i) information about the type, make, and model of Your mobile device, the operating system You use on the device, browser type and specifications, the network service or wireless communication provider who connects Your device to a telecommunications system or systems, Your internet protocol address, and other unique identifiers assigned by third parties to Your mobile device, and (ii) information about your activity on the device, including Your use of other mobile applications on the same device, click data and click patterns in relation to promotional advertising on your device, cookies (defined above), tracking tags, pixel tags, and visitor history.
4.9.2. Student Grounds may access and collect information regarding the physical geographic location of your mobile device.
5. Information Use and Disclosure Practices.
5.1. Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies. Student Grounds analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies to help Student Grounds better understand who is using the Service and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Student Grounds is able to better design the Service to improve Your experience, and to serve You more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, Student Grounds may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Service. Student Grounds does not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies to Personal Information.
5.2. Personal Information.
5.2.1. Generally. Student Grounds uses Your Contact Data to send You information about Student Grounds and Student Grounds’s products and services, and to contact You when necessary in connection with the Service. Student Grounds uses Your Financial Data to verify Your qualifications for certain features of the Service and, when necessary, to bill You. Student Grounds uses Your Demographic Data to customize and tailor Your experience on the Service. As with Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, from time to time Student Grounds may release Demographic Data in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Service.
5.2.2. Disclosure Practices. Except under the following categories of circumstances, Student Grounds will keep Your Personal Information private, and will not share it with third parties.
126.96.36.199. Disclosure in Connection with Service. Student Grounds discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide services, including without limitation those who perform technical, administrative, and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
188.8.131.52. User Content.
184.108.40.206.1. User Content Defined. “User Content” is any content, material, or information, not including Personal Information, that You submit, upload, and/or post to, or transmit, display, perform, or distribute by means of, the Service, whether in connection with Your use of the Service or otherwise. This includes, without limitation, personal photos and videos.
220.127.116.11. By Law or to Protect Rights. Student Grounds discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when Student Grounds believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Student Grounds, third parties, or the public at large.
18.104.22.168. Unpaid Accounts. If You fail to pay any balance owed in consideration of services, Student Grounds may, as permitted by law, report Your Personal Information, including without limitation Your unpaid balance, to consumer credit reporting services, collection agencies, and others.
6. Consent to Receive Electronic Communications From Company. Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or by providing Your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, You hereby expressly consent to receive electronic and other communications from Student Grounds, over the short term and periodically, including email and short-message service (“SMS” or “text message”) communications, regarding the Service, new product offers, promotions, and other matters. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication.
7. Consent to Receive Electronic Communications from Other Users. Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or by providing Your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, You hereby consent to receive electronic communications, including email, short-message service (“SMS”) messages, instant messages, video conferencing, and other personal messages from other users of the Service.
8. Consent to Receive Electronic Communications from Partner Marketers. Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or by providing Your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, You hereby consent to receive, and openly and knowingly solicit, electronic communications, including email and SMS communications, from Student Grounds partner firms, which may include third party marketing companies, affiliates, advertising agencies, and data aggregation companies regarding their services, including offers, promotions, and other related matters. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication.
9. Security of Personal Information. Student Grounds takes security seriously. We utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of Your Personal Information. However, due to the realities of data security, Student Grounds is unable to guarantee that any information provided to us will not be accessed, hacked, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized parties.
10. Lost or Stolen Information. You must promptly notify us if Your credit, bank, other financial institution information, user name, or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that credit card number, bank account information, other financial institution information, user name, or password from Your account and update our records accordingly.